When you are a regular user, I advise you to stick with MIUI; the upcoming Android 11 to your mobile will be free from System Ads. But when you are a regular Root apps user or Developer, you can Install Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T Lineage OS 17.1 Android 10 Official ROM. Compared with Other ROMs, Lineage OS always will receive regular OTA patch updates.
The Paranoid Android Ruby Beta 2 builds are now available for the OnePlus 8 / 8 Pro and Mi A3, while the OnePlus 8T and Redmi Note 8 / 8T have received Ruby Beta 1 builds. Kernel sources for the Motorola Moto E7 series and several Xiaomi phones, including the Mi Note 10 Lite, are now available for download. Once you’ve downloaded the original software or found an appropriate backup of your own, the process should take no more than a few minutes. In this case, you can download a flashable stock ROM direct from the OnePlus website. The biggest obstacle to using a ROM to revert to stock is that you’re relying on someone else to create the ROM for you. If you have a popular phone with an active community on the XDA Developers forums, then this won’t be a problem. If you own a lesser-known device, a stock ROM may be harder to find.
- Samsung’s One UI brings together several refinements, as well as Android Pie, to the custom UX present on Samsung devices.
- Due to its stability and performance, many other custom ROMs use LineageOS code as their base, some of them are Resurrection Remix and crDroid.
- Most recently, the developers added support for the Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro, Nokia 7.2, and Nokia 6.2.
- It was also very well priced, which allowed many people from all classes around the world to get on the Xiaomi bandwagon.
- The MIUI 12.5 update rollout has picked up steam over the last few weeks.
Just remember that in most cases, flashing a factory image will completely wipe your phone. In case you wish to further improve your Note 8’s performance, you can also try out the new BaeBae kernel. However, before you go ahead and flash it on your device, do note that the kernel is currently in its alpha release and it might result in your device getting stuck in a boot loop.
- The most common method is to use Fastboot with the command fastboot oem lock or fastboot flashing lock.
- Now, we aim to repeat the same story with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, Xiaomi’s latest mid-range value offering.
- First of all, you need to download the official stock ROM from the above-given link to flash your device.
Today, Redmi has officially confirmed the design of the Note 8 (standard, non-Pro variant) and also revealed that the phone will come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC. I am expecting that you will be able to root Redmi Note 8 M1908C3JGG (biloba) using Magisk Manager v8.0.7 without experiencing problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Magisk Manager v8.0.7 is developed by XDA Senior Recognized Developer stock firmware ROM topjohnwu. Redmi Note 8 M1908C3JGG (biloba) may lose warranty after being rooted. This method will also let you enjoy many other benefits on your phone.
So taking the chance here to add sincere thanks, we could expect more stable and extended tool support in the times ahead. If you encounter any issues or errors while following this tutorial, do let me know by dropping a comment below. Once complete you will see the “Success” message on the screen, And your phone will reboot. Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Stock Firmware Rom on your computer. The ROM comes in a compressed file with a zip extension, which contains the Flash file, the Flash Tool, the USB driver, and the instruction manual. After Unzip the said package, you have to open the unzip folder.